Officially, the worst mother ever as I have had this post drafted for a week and have not posted it. Poor baby, second child syndrome already. What have I done...Anyway, as we were saying, DRUM ROLL PLEASE.... (just act like this is a surprise)
It's a girl!
I was truly shocked. I just knew it was going to be a boy. We had a name and everything. But now... back to the drawing board. Emmie came with us and slept in the stroller as we found out the news. I can't believe she is going to have a sister. I think of how cute it will be... sharing a room, staying up late, sharing secrets and clothes. And then I think of the cat fights, competition, and possible hair pulling. Oh boy!
Waving
See... I grew up with three brothers and (as I see it) luckily never had to deal with too much "girl" drama- atleast not until college when I started living with girlfriends. Boys did their own thing, got in trouble, and we never had to share stuff. This "sisters" thing is new to me. I am excited though. Thankfully, Brent still has Champ for an extra shot of testosterone in the house. Although that could change as Champ has been playing Abby Cadabby with Emmie lately!
The most important part of the ultrasound is that she is healthy as can be. They checked all anatomy, kidneys, fingers, toes, all parts of the brain, stomach, and they even check for cleft palate- kind of cool. The doctor said she is "Beautiful". Man are we lucky. We are excited and look forward to meeting this "beautiful" girl with no name yet. Stay tuned as I am sure I will reveal the name once I come up with one :)
Her feet, or foot I should say

No comments:
Post a Comment