Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Worst day ever! Just awful!

Today began the transition to daycare for Miss Emmie. I return to work this coming Monday, so I am taking her to daycare this week to get her used to the people and place. I took her for the first time today. I dropped her off in the crib, because she was sleeping in her carrier. She woke up immediately and I could tell she was looking at me from across the room with eyes that said "why is the heck are you dropping me off at this strange place and why is this other girl banging a xylophone in my ear!" My heart was breaking and I definitely shed tears in the baby room. Everyone was sweet and understanding. The didn't seem to think I was crazy, yet... I left, got in my car, and cried a river! I drove to the YMCA, thinking working out would take my mind off my baby. But I actually just found myself continouously looking at the clock. So, I picked her up after 1 hour. I felt like it was long enough for the first day. The teachers said she was great and wasn't spoiled (huh?). She ate her entire bottle and was sleeping in the Boppy pillow when I showed up. They asked if I would be bringing her tomorrow and I said "we will see..."
So my new plan is to move to the burbs so I can stay home with Emmie. Not really, but I felt so awful this morning it was on my mind. Let's just hope it gets easier because I can't feel like this everyday. And I sure can't see patients if I am crying with puffy eyes all day!

1 comment:

Amy S. Norris said...

sad frankie. i promise it gets better! that first week or 2 is rough! louisa (before i quit) loved her daycare and would squeal when i pulled into the parking lot in the morning, and then i would get her out of the car and she would run inside to her teacher and turn to me and say, "bye mommie." SAD. you can do it!