Sunday, April 25, 2010

Turning 30

Well, I meant to post this on or near my birthday, but I guess I am not too far off. Turning 30 wasn't exactally all it is cracked up to be. 29 weeks pregnant. No party. And literally tipping the scales. Not something everyone can say they did on their 30th.

But no complaints. I have to remember I took a great trip to Puerto Rico with all my girlfriends last year to celebrate. We had a blast.





Emmie took me to breakfast at JCristopher's. She was a sweetheart to me all day. That was a gift in itself!

Brent took me to a fabulous dinner at diPaolo. If you have never been there and enjoy some Italian food, I highly reccomned. I have been there before and it is never a disappointment. We sat at the Godfather table too. That made me feel pretty special. I thought I could try to hide the baby bump, but without advertising the waiter immediately started telling me how all the cheeses were pasteurized, blah, blah, blah... Bummer. I did order a glass of wine- don't judge. Just one. I thought it was a special occasion. Brent monitored me the entire time. He didn't even let me finish the entire thing. What I did have was delicious though.

The girls took me to a nice casual dinner at Treehouse on Thursday. There were 3 preggars at the table so it was probably the most calm birthday dinner we have ever had. I ate the world, including the gigantic brownie they brought at the end.



All in all, not bad. And on top of everything I have a bundle of joy to expect in the next 2 months. A pretty good birthday indeed. Calm and sane, but perfect.

It is hard to believe where I am in life on my 30th. A beautiful daughter and another one on the way. A fabuolous husband. A healthy and happy family. And the greatest friends.

No comments: