Monday, June 8, 2009

Mommy leaves Emmie with Daddy for the first time


San Juan, Puerto Rico

Well, I just got back from my first Mommy getaway. I went to San Juan, Puerto Rico with 14 girls. We had a great time, but most importantly... Daddy and Emmie survived. Not to fret, Nana and Pops came in to save their son. Brent actually did a great job, but thank heavens for Nana.



Leaving a baby for the first time, was almost as bad as leaving her at daycare. But this may have been slightly easier as I knew she was with Daddy and Nana. I cried when Brent dropped me off to leave for the airport. I cried on the way and at the airport. Thankfully I was traveling with my friend Kyle, so I was able to keep my mind somewhat off of leaving her. I took my breast pump with me to San Juan. I am the only mom in the crew of 14 so I think I shocked a few when they saw what happens with a breast pump. For those of you who don't know, it is definitely interesting and may be a bit of a scary sight.


I caught up on some mcuh needed sleep, but have much more to go. These were the first nights I have been separated from Emmie since I gave birth. As much as I wanted to stay out late and gamble all night, my body wouldn't allow it. I was probably the first one down each night. What a loser! Oh, how life has changed. I had a great time anyway.

Emmie was asleep when the whole family (Champ included) picked me up from the airport. So, when she woke up the next morning to eat she was so surprised to see me and had a HUGE smile on her face. That made my heart melt.


Brent and I both are leaving her again at the end of the month for a wedding in Charelston. She will be in good hands with Nana and Pops. I hope leaving her the second time around will be a bit easier- we will see...

No comments: