Friday, February 18, 2011

Update

Don't forget about this guy. He is the best!

Things are starting to look up around here. We have had major cabin fever this winter. Too cold to play outside and beginning to get at each others throats. Well, we have been blessed with temps in the 60s to 70s this week and are taking full advantage. Picnics outside, playing at the park... Loving it. It is amazing what some fresh air can do for children. Makes them happier and sleep better at the end of the day.
We are still working on potty training with Emmie. Ugh! Some days she wakes up and wants to please us. She will be the perfect potty trainer. THEN, there are the other days (most of them) that she protests. Doesn't want to participate. Has multiple accidents. It is tiring. She simply wants to have her own independence and simply won't even try to sit. So on non-school days we go bottomless. Don't come to our house unannounced. You might get a shot of a small tushie. If we are good and sit, we get to wear big girl panties. Pull ups at nap time, bedtime and if we go out anywhere. It is hard. Especially because she sees Anabelle getting her diaper changed. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Her teacher told me on Thursday that she is "a fiesty one". Apparently she had a boy by his shirt. I guess he was all up in her space and she didn't like it and was going to let him know. Her teacher said she had to go "break it up". Ha! Maybe that would make her father happy :)
Emmie talks like crazy. She loves watching tv. I don't let her watch it all day long, but it sure buys me some time when I need it. She has been much sweeter to Anabelle. I love when I walk away for a second only to look back in the room and find them playing with each other. Soooooo cute! It's only a matter of time before they are running around here together. Emmie will tell you she and Anabelle are "beeeeeessst friends". Awesome.
Anabelle is starting to wave. I have been really trying to get her to clap but she chose waving first. She says dadadadadadadadadada all the time. She is starting to say baba. Who knows. But it is starting. She can't get the crawling thing down yet. I am still okay with that. You can tell she gets frustrated though. She wants to get going, but can't quite get going. She looooooves to stand up. Maybe she will walk before she crawls, ha! Let's hope that isn't the case or I am in for it.
What a difference it makes when they can hold their own bottle. Mommy has free hands!
She laughs all the time. Best laugh ever. She sleeps like a log. usually goes down between 630 and 7p. SO early, I know. But she sleeps til about 6-7am. I can't complain. Especially because if she does wake up early or in the middle of the night it is usually to play for a bit in her crib.
This is what I find when I go in to get her!
She has made it to the swing at the park and loves swinging next to sissy. I need to take a picture of it next time we go.

This is an example of Emmie not sharing with her little sister.
Instead she would rather be silly with her.
Emmie better watch out. Anabelle won't be little forever!
Cheese!
Anabelle has become so much more interested in Champ. He couldn't be sweeter with these two.

No comments: