Thursday, June 3, 2010

11 great years


I got my official first car the summer going into my sophmore year of college. I had a car in high school but it was always a hand me down from my parents or brothers. During my freshman year of college I bummed rides with all my friends and hopped on the cool UGA bus when needed. So I was pretty darn excited when I got my first real ride. Of course I had to put my UGA sticker on the back window with the sorority letters too. Duh! It didn't get much mileage because I was sworn to 1000 miles or less a month. So she never took too many road trips during college, but she was great at getting around Athens.

After college she made some trips to Hilton Head and St Simons. We took her down to GA/FLA one year and the window broke. We had to ride home from St. Simons with our North faces on, heat blasting and holding onto the window to keep it from falling all the way down. Disaster, but funny memory.

She loved Atlanta in her prime. She even toted around Emmie for the past year. She was part of the family. I was sad to part from her, but not that sad.

My new ride is amazing and it will take some time to get used to. When my friend Brooke asked me what I got I said "mini van". The look on her face was priceless. I am not dissing mini vans, but unless I am a full time passenger enjoying all the "perks" of a mini van, I don't want to drive one. The new black beauty is amazing and smells like new car. The best!

So... toast to the beast! I hope she treats her next owner just as good. But, don't think I am crying as I am driving the kiddos around in one of these...


Oh, my parents watched Emmie so we could go pick up the new beauty. When we came home this is what we found... Sacked out!

No comments: