Many may know, but I have made a big change in my life. I have resigned from my job at a private practice internal medicine group. There are many reasons for the change and of course one being Emmie. I was a RN before I completed my Masters and became a Nurse Practitioner. I was used to working 3 days a week- 3 long days 7a-7p, but still that makes 4 days off. And actually you can manipulate your schedule to where you have 5-7 days off in a row. It is a great system. You work hard, but what a flexible schedule. Somewhere along the line 5 days a week and getting home before dark started to sound good. That is until Emmie came into my life. 5 days became tough. I was tired of only seeing her for a hour or two a day. And crazy thought, but working 2-4 days and having more time off started sounding pretty good. More money for my time and better benefits don't hurt either, but I wont go there.

Well, I had 1 week off, did some training last week and tomorrow I start my new position with The Minute Clinic. This is me marketing! Convenient, non-urgent healthcare, staffed by NPs, open 7 days a week and 10 hours a day. I am excited, but change is always nerve racking. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment