Tuesday, September 8, 2009

8 months



I know I say this every time one of her month markers comes by, but wow how time flies. 8 months brings many new and exciting things. Emmie has been very busy this month already.


At 8 months:

  • Emmie has four teeth 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. She also has 2 on their way in. Ouch. It has made for some hard times. Not sure I believe in teething tablets. Possibly a farse, but I try them anyway. I am not a fan of Orajel, so I am stuck with frozen bagels- which she doesn't really care for, frozen teething rings- that last a whole 2 seconds, and Motrin/Tylenol. Call me a drugie, but the last choice is usually the best. We brush her teeth every night and she loves it! We are making it a part of our night time ritual.

  • Pulls up on everything. Crawls everywhere. And is itching to walk. No doubt we will have a early walker on our hands. First on our agenda, baby proof the house. We have really procrastinated on that one. Emmie cruising the house...
  • Goes to bed every night around 7 or 730pm and sleeps until about 6 or 7 am. We usually have to get her and bring her in bed with us around 5am, but we get a couple more hours of sleep out of her that way and we like to snuggle with her. The past week has challenged this schedule, with the new teeth and all, but for the most part she is a really good sleeper. I guess "school" really wears her out. It's a hard life playing all day :)

  • Helping Daddy pick his fantasy football team

  • She is eating some new foods. We added chicken and turkey. I made her my own chicken and mix it with veggies. She likes it but is unsure of the consistency or texture. It's pretty funny. She loves Puffs by Gerber. Oh man! These are her favorite. She is finally in a high chair and these Puffs keep her busy while I fix her dinner. Life savers!
I love stars!
  • She has made it to meet her Great Grammie Vi in Wisconsin. I real treat. Grammie just loved her and Emmie the same. I am so happy we were able to make it there. The plane ride was interesting to say the least. Papa kept her busy walking up and down the aisle meeting new people and Mimi tried to get her to sleep. I highly recommend traveling in the airport with the Baby Bjorn. The stroller was great for carrying my bags, but Emmie hated sitting in the stroller when there were just so many things to see and people to watch. By the way, Emmie had to take her shoes off too to go through security. HA!
Probably really gross that I have this seatbelt in my mouth


I scored a window seat!


Papa took me to meet all the passengers


Me and Mommy in Miliwaukee


Old hands meet new hands


Great Grammy Vi and Emmie


Grammie and Emmie


Emmie is the 4th generation!


Uncle Tim, Uncle John and Grammie ( I miss Uncle Tom)


Great grandkids excluding Papa


The entire Kirley Clan, minus a few key players- Tom, B-mas, Shan, Jimmy, Noelle, Brent


Papa and Mommy after a night of cornhole


I love my big cousins


Getting ready to head back to Atlanta


  • She enjoyed her first tailgate at the UGA/South Carolina game. It was hotter than heck. She was one tired little girl by the end of the day.

    Like father, like daughter
    She better be a Dawg!
    Just getting a plate
    Daddy, me, Mr. Dean and my friend McCartney

    Uncle Santi, Mateo and Me
  • She loves Champ and is getting more curios about him daily. He is loving to sit under her high chair and wait for food to drop. They will be best buds, I can see it now.

  • She is wearing shoes to school now. It has been a real challenge finding shoes that fit her. She is 8 months old and 0-6month shoes are too big for her. She will grow into them, but man. Make sure when you get shoes that they have the skid proof bottom, a must for a mover and shaker like Emmie.
So dang cute!
Our doctor's appointment is Wednesday so I will update her stats. She is still a little squirt, barely in 9 month clothes. 6 month clothes have worked the best. stay posted!

1 comment:

Fannie Bradley's Mommy said...

Great post! Love all the updates. I think we have those same shoes for FB!