Thursday, August 20, 2009

7 months



I can't believe I haven't made a 7 month post yet. I am a terrible mom (I don't really think that. I am just starting to fall behind a bit). I guess that is what happens when you are a full time working mom. I am really trying my best to stay on top of things. The one thing I have fallen short of is staying up on the baby book. But really, isn't this blog the next best thing to a baby book? I hope nothing ever happens to the internet. Anyway, before you know it, she will be 8 months. Honestly, people would say.. "time flies" and I would say "no, no. we are taking it all in." Well, next thing I know I turned around and she was 6 months old; here I am talking about her about to be turning 8 months old. She is growing up so fast in front of our eyes. "Don't blink." Seriously...

On August 13th she became an official crawler. It started slow and she was definitely moving prior. But on that day, the motion was perfected and while at school she crawled from one side of the room to the next. It was a BIG deal. Now, there is no stopping her. She crawls, climbs, and pulls up on everything she can.

The "News Flash" that was on the door to her classroom- I know, they mispelled Emmie. They call her Emmarie for the most part.
Although she still loves the word "babababababa", she is starting to say "Mama" when she cries. Our favorite is when she wants her mommy, crying, and starts saying "MAAAA". It is hilarious. She is learning about feelings, too. She hates being told "no" and doesn't like if someone takes something away from her. It really hurts her feelings. And worst of all she lets you know about it until she is is over it.

She is only taking two 30 minute naps during the day. By the time we get home she is so tired. She eats dinner, takes a bath, has a bottle and is almost begging to go to bed by 7:30pm. She sleeps until 6ish and then comes into bed with Brent and I. (we can't get a king bed fast enough) She loves sitting up, standing and hates when I make her lay down. This past month has been a chore trying to change her diaper or clothes and I am literally breaking a sweat sometimes. She will not sit still!
Playing with her stuffed cat. Just her size...
She is trying so many new foods. Some of the most recent- blueberries, cherries, peas and carrots, squash, yogurt, cheese- she hates cheese. She especially likes when I sprinkle cinnamon on her food. That makes it extra delicious. The next step is chicken. That should be interesting... And for those of you who may have been nay-sayers, yes- I am still making our own baby food. It really has not been that difficult. Time consuming.. a little, but really not bad.

Open wide!! Emmie at dinner time. Eating out of a Bumbo chair until it is fully necessary to get a high chair.
Last but not least getting ready for football season. Just around the corner and she can't wait to make her first trip to Athens. Dr. Hansen gave us this football for Emmie's baby gift. And it is about to become very popular.

Until next month...

1 comment:

Fannie Bradley's Mommy said...

What gizmo/machine/appliance did you get to make the baby food, something like the Beaba Babycook?